Last Updated: Aug 27, 2021
InQuartik Corporation, a Republic of China company, is responsible for this website www.inquartik.com, and whether you browse as a guest or register with us we will collect different types of information about you: for example, for website functionality; to provide improved or personalized services to you; and, in accordance with your chosen preferences, to market goods or services to you.
1. What information do we gather?
The information that we gather falls broadly into two types (please see further below for how we collect it and what we use it for):
1.1 Information that relates directly to you (e.g., your name and contact details, communication preferences and customer history).
1.2 Information that does not directly identify you (e.g., how you might browse our website), specifically:
(1) Your IP address through the placement of cookies; and
(2) Location data, which might be gained through your IP address or GPS data (see Section 3 (4), below).
Please note that not all cookies are either personally identifiable information or even unique identifiers; but some can be, while others can influence what you see on our website and others (see Sections 6 and 7 on cookies and their management, below).
2. How we use your information
2.1 When we seek your permission. Often we will be using your information in accordance with your specific consent or instructions: for example, because you have requested or consented to receiving certain information, or entered into a contract with us for goods and services: see Section 2.2 below.
At other times we will use your information on one of the other lawful bases described below in this section.
(1) When you enter into a contract for services with us, we will use your personal data to enter into and fulfil our contractual relationship with you.
(2) Fulfilling our contract with you means being able to manage and administer our services, and maintain our standards of tailored service levels, customer care and consumer compliance. This might include providing services, processing payments or refunds, and providing aftercare, as well as improving your customer experience online and otherwise, including by monitoring service levels and responding to feedback.
2.3 Legitimate interests.
Other uses of your information are made for ordinary and transparent purposes which we think are necessary for our legitimate interests as a service provider. We use your information on this basis to do the following:
(1) Recognize and remember you when you visit our website and better understand how you use our website and others by using cookies to follow your use. We explain what cookies are in Section 6 and how you can manage them in Section 7, below;
(2) Keep you updated on services you have subscribed to and/or about similar services unless you have told us otherwise;
(3) Contact you to let you know about any of our services or promotions, including by email, always having regard to your preferences. Please see Section 4 to understand more about how you provide and can manage your preferences.
(4) Make sure materials on the website are presented in the most effective way for you and your computer or mobile device;
(5) Collect and log numeric internet addresses to improve the website and to monitor website usage; and
(6) Assess and understand our customers’ and site users’ feedback and identify usage hotspots;
2.4 Some limited uses of your data are required to comply with legal obligations, for example fraud detection and taxation.
3. How do we gather information?
3.1 Information (as set out in Section 1) is gathered in the following ways:
(1) indirectly (e.g., by using website technology that tracks and administers your visits through your browser);
(2) directly (e.g., when you buy a subscription or you otherwise provide your information when you interact with us);
(3) through your device where you have enabled location services for the applicable browser. This may be used for location targeted services in accordance with your preferences, which may be adjusted via website preferences;
(4) through location technology for mobile web services. The service we use is based on machine learning algorithms which analyze data from different connection types. These include fixed http and https connections and location consent requests on https sites.
4. How do you decide how you want to hear from us?
4.1 We will contact you in accordance with your preferences, including by email, phone, post.
4.2 We also provide the means for you to grant or withhold your permission for us to contact you. We do this by using opt-in boxes or unsubscribe options, which determine your permission for us to contact you about our wider range of services.
4.3 Sometimes, we need your information to be able to contact you to provide the service you wish to use.
5. Accessing and updating your personal information
5.1 You can update your details and marketing preferences by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
5.2 You have the right to access the personal information held about you from us, or from any other organization that controls your personal information. To understand how to obtain a copy of the personal information that we hold, please see Section 13 below.
6. Cookies and similar technologies
6.1 A cookie is a small piece of information that is placed on your computer when you visit certain websites. When we refer to “cookies” we include other technologies with similar purposes, such as tags and identifiers.
6.3 We use the following types of cookie, as will your browser:
(1) Analytics cookies that remember your computer or mobile device when you visit our website and recognize visits to our website across different devices. They keep track of browsing patterns and help us to build up a profile of how our readers use the website. We use that information for customer analytics and to serve editorial content tailored to your interests when you are on our website or in our newsletters to you. Your browser may use similar cookies for similar purposes and to serve advertisements for others. The information we gather from your visit is limited to page URLs on our website.
(2) Service cookies that help us to make our website work as efficiently as possible; remember your registration and login details; remember your settings preferences; to detect what device you are using and adapt how we present our services according to the screen size of that device; and meter the number of pages you view.
6.4 We have no access to third party cookies and third-party organizations have no access to ours. The third-party organizations that place cookies, including your browser, will have their own privacy policies.
7. Managing your cookies preferences
7.1 Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. To do this look at the “help” menu on your browser. Switching off cookies may restrict your use of the website and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates. We also provide our own cookie management tool for you to make more specific choices about how cookies are used for your visits to our site.
7.2 We also use third party cookies, as will your browser. These are cookies that may be read by third parties.
7.3 We also use a data management platform. We use the data this platform records, including data gathered through cross-device tracking, to better understand our users’ interests.
8. Ad Blockers
8.2 By detecting ad blockers, we do not store any information on your device and we do not process any of your personal data.
8.3 We may display a message to advise you that we have detected that you are using and ad blocker
8.4 We reserve the right to restrict your access to some or all of our website while you have an ad blocker turned on.
9. Protecting your information
9.1 The password you provide when registering with the website is encrypted to ensure protection against unauthorized access to your personal information.
9.2 We invest in high-quality security and do our utmost to protect user privacy. No data transmission over the Internet can be entirely secure, and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information and/or use of the website. Any information that you send is at your own risk and may be read by others. However once we have received your personal information we use strict procedures to protect the security of your personal information.
10. Disclosing your information
10.1 Your internet browser or other accounts. Depending on which browser you use to visit our site, and in accordance with your browser cookie preferences (see above), your browser (such as Google) may collect information about you and your visit for its own services, including those services such as segmented or personalized advertising.
10.2 Legal requirements. We may disclose your personal information if we are required to do so by law, or if in good faith we believe such action is necessary to comply with the law a legal obligation.
11. Where we store your personal information
11.1 We will only keep your personal information for as long as we need it for a lawful purpose.
12. Changes to this Policy
12.1 If we change our Policy, we will post the changes on this page. Please check the website regularly for any changes to this Policy.